Thursday 27 March 2014

Web 2.0: You've made a believer out of me!

At the start of this module, I had my reservations about web 2.0 although it has always been a invaluable source of information I was reserved in regards to social media and whether it causes more harm than good. Well....I've been converted . It amazes me the impact that web 2.0 can have on our lives. A recent example is Sophie's Appeal. Sophie a 19 year old from Wirral, who died from cervical cancer after being refused a smear test due to her age. This sparked a petition to lower the age of cervical screening tests which is currently set at 25, with it's 310,000 signatures breaking the record of any other government e-petition. A Facebook campaign was also so launched to raise awareness, so here's my no make up photo in memory of Sophie.


I have also found myself giving colleagues advice on how they can use Web 2.0 to help their work. I overheard a member of staffs conversation with a student and offered my knowledge on how they could share and comment on videos using Web 2.0.

1 comment:

  1. The web is a great networking tool but yes - advice to colleagues sounds like you are using the thinking you have done for the coursework for your community of practice! a la Wenger…

    ReplyDelete